Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Pumpkin Pancakes



We eat a lot of pancakes in our house. At least twice a week! Which is why I'm always experimenting with new flavors and new ways to hide healthy ingredients in them.
I'm on my Fall kick. Once September comes, I crave all the cliche "Fall" things, like Chai and pumpkin flavored ANYTHING and warm hearty soups. So I decided to try Pumpkin Pancakes the other day.
Anyway, I took my Basic Pancake Recipe and added some spices and pumpkin puree to it. I still need to experiemnt with the amount of puree. Last time I added 1cup to the recipe and they didn't cook thoroughly.


1 1/4c. whole wheat flour
1 1/2tsp. baking powder
1/2tsp. salt
1tsp. cinnamon
1/4tsp. nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2c. Soymilk
2tbsp. safflower oil
1 1/2tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/4 - 1/2tsp. maple extract
1/2c. pumpkin puree


In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, maple syrup, and extracts. Then add the puree.
Preheat a non-stick skillet or spray with cooking oil.
Combine wet and dry ingredients until most of the lumps are gone.
Pour batter (about 1/4cup at a time) onto skillet, and cook on one side until bubbles form (about 2 minutes). Flip and repeat.





Y helping me cook



M and I sharing breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment