Thursday, October 8, 2009

Banana Bread Pancakes



Gosh, I can't say it enough, I love pancakes. They are quick and easy to make. I can always get Y to eat at least one, even during his pickiest moments. And, duh...they're practically cake. For the past few days, Y has turned almost everything down. He even turned down a pear this morning, which is a big deal, because I'm pretty sure if he could have only 1 wish granted, it would be that I only served him fruit. With this in mind, I knew I had to make something extra appealing to Y, to make up for missing breakfast. I also had 3 brown bananas that were a day away from attracting fruit flies. Anyway, a light turned on in my head and this was born. They taste just like Banana Bread. They're moist and fluffy. Just trust me, Try it. You'll like it.

Banana Bread Pancakes
makes 4 saucer sized pancakes

2 ripe bananas
3/4c. 50/50 flour
1 1/2tbsp. maple syrup (or whatever sweetener you like)
~ 1/8tsp. cinnamon
~ 1/8tsp. allspice

2/3c. Hempmilk (or whatever milk you like)
1tsp. baking powder


Mix dry ingredients together. Puree 1 banana and the Hempmilk. Add wet and dry together, don't over mix. Cook, and top with sliced bananas.

No comments:

Post a Comment