Monday, October 5, 2009

Get PERSONAL with your PIZZA


Pizza is the quickest, easiest, relatively healthy food you can make. On top of all that, it can be made while involving your children! I think this is such an important part of cooking. Letting your kids help, get them excited about the food they're going to eat. I think more people should have a relationship with what they put into their bodies. I'm a firm believer that you are what you eat. :) Although I try to use this logic with him (hahaha), I still have a difficult time getting Y to eat his vegetables. But for some wonderful reason, he happily eats them on his pizza. Phew! Today, while talking to some girls in the neighborhood, he proudly told them his favorite pizza topping was peppers. Sooooo cute.

Y's Favorite Personal Pizza

6" Pita Bread
Pizza Sauce
Spinach Puree
Vegan Rella Cheese, shredded
Green Pepper, diced
Red Onions, diced
Black olives, sliced
Gimme Lean Sausage, broken up into tiny pieces and browned.


Preheat oven to 400. Assemble Pizza's (spinach puree first) and cook 6-8 minutes.



^ Our friends Sara and Aayla came over today to help cook.




^ Y enjoys "seasoning" everything. I have an empty shaker that I let him "season" his food with.



^ Max is a wonderful eater. He'll at the very least, try everything once. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment